Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saddle Plot Progress


The saddle plot is coming along nicely. I've gone through two rounds of weed spray and some ground work. This plot has become a ton of work due to a type of plant that, well, sucks.


Poison Ivy has overrun this area. The biggest problem with it is that it is so hard to kill off. The shallow underground roots remind me of a spider web. I have become an Ivy expert, not to mention a trip to the doctor as well. This stuff has been giving me misery in more ways than one. Working the ground with these vine like roots has been challenging, but I think I've got it under control.

I went to establish a mineral site and had observed some new growth. The red dot in the photo shows the location of the mineral site I created. Once the plot is planted the mineral site should be a great compliment.

My next step is to spray the plot with brush killer, for the ivy and woody plants. Then spray later in the summer and work the ground again. Then once in the middle of August a week before planting.

I am so pumped to plant this thing! I've been experimenting with my seed of choice at my home. I'm happy with the results and can't wait to see it in the real environment. I've put a camera on the site so we should, as summer wears on, get some photos.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment